Monday, February 16, 2009

Extinction Enterprises

Usually, when an idea for a short story comes to me, I don't do anything with it for awhile. Just a sentence or two jotted down in the notebook. Weeks or months--sometimes even years!-- later, I write it, and because the basic premise has had time to mutate in my head it winds up being considerably different than what I'd originally conceived of. And that's fine.
This one, though, went from amusing concept to complete story within about two hours. Maybe it suffers for the short gestation period, I don't know. But I like the idea. What could be funnier than the corporate planning behind the complete eradication of all humanity?
Anyway, you be the judge. It's over in the usual spot.

1 comment:

  1. Great story. This gives me the weirdest feeling that I have been viewing this process for all my years here. Is this not what is happening for real under a different guise or what. Let's hope that a few of us humans are intuitive enough not to drink the lemonde given us and do something to alter this situation.

    G.B.

    ReplyDelete