Monday, October 3, 2011

Audio Story done, Voice also done




I'm so naive. I really thought it would be as easy as recording my audio and... I dunno... just sort of POPPING it up here on Psycho-Noir. Bing-o, bang-o. But no, Blogger makes a big production out of it.

But I pulled it off, at long last. My friend Nat Pike (the amazingly talented fella who did the music in my book trailer for THE BASTARD HAND) gave me the low-down on Soundcloud, and that's what I wound up using.

I decided to go with "Incident on a Rain-Soaked Corner", because halfway through reading "It Will All Be Carried Away", my voice started giving out. "Incident" is much shorter.

Granted, my recording isn't exactly pro quality-- you'll here the occasional clicky sound as I navigate through the story-- but over-all it's not too bad.

Here is is:Incident on a Rain-Soaked Corner, read by Heath Lowrance

The above photo, which as usual has nothing to do with anything, is by the award-winning photographer Dawn Sketch.

7 comments:

  1. I love it. This story makes me laugh out loud with the ordinariness of the lines in an extraordinary situation. Two great, absurd yet solid characters. A great little story, and interesting to hear it in your voice, with the author's own cadence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher, thanks for suggesting "Incident", it was much easier to do and gave me a chance to show what a lousy voice-actor I am... but it was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a whoa-something went wrong notice, but I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't work here either, Heath :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey folks... Soundcloud is having issues with their website. The link up there is good, so, for a change, it ain't my fault. Hopefully they'll get it together sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that, Heath a nice way to start my Sunday morning in grey, rainy London. Terrific story and hearing it read by you added to the experience in a good way. You should do more.

    Best, Alan.

    ReplyDelete