Saturday, February 26, 2011

Megan Abbott: "You will finish it in one frenzied sitting..."


What a great way to start the weekend. I heard from Megan Abbott, author of Queenpin, Die A Little, Bury Me Deep (one of my top ten noirs) and the forthcoming The End of Everything. She's one of our shining stars of noir. She read The Bastard Hand, and has this to say:

“In the storied waking-up-into-a-nightmare pulp tradition, Heath Lowrance’s The Bastard Hand is a lurid thrill. You will finish it in one frenzied sitting, then feel as if you’re awakening from a red-misted trance.”

7 comments:

  1. Paul, I've got you, Zandri, Zeltserman, Megan Abbott and Allan Guthrie, as well as an awesome review by our friend Ben at Dead End Follies (he's gonna post when the book comes out). Better than my wildest expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Heath Lowrance...
    Nice blurb!...from one Of the best (Film noir) writers, on the mystery scene...I most definitely, second the motion too!
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm very happy about this one... Megan is not only one of our best writers, she's incredibly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't know how I missed this, but congrats, that's way cool...

    ReplyDelete